Tuesday, April 18, 2006

MirthBlog - Day 4 - Origins ( Part 3 )

“It’s boring being a grown-up !”

This is one of my personal motto’s that I came to realize as I went through life.
The other one that I try to live by is:

“ Nearly doesn’t count ! “

So after a few years of domestic bliss in Suburbia, when life settles down, you have time to look for hobbies once more.
Whilst by no means a millionaire, I had a few hours spare after works and household chores, and just enough credit limit left on the card to buy myself a PC.
And life began again !!!Yay !!

I refound some of the fun that I had lost . Just because I was an adult now did not mean I couldn’t play !
I invested in a variety of games.
Today, everybody has a home computer, but at this time 1995 ( I know because my new PC ran Windows 95 at the time of its launch) I was still well ahead of the masses.
There were word processors at work, but not many of our friends had a “proper” computer before me.
It was an adventure every day. You had to understand DOS to get games to play, and the older versions of Windows were reassuringly temperamental. One game would install and play without a hitch, whilst the next just didn’t want to know. There were also numerous times when the machine would lock up and crash.

There may have been an occasional appearance by Mirth during this Era, but I don’t think so. He was there in spirit tho, and our technical skills were growing together.

No comments: