Friday, May 05, 2006

MirthBlog - Day 21

So, I set out in-game ( EvE) to do a bit of prospecting, and ended up playing detective.
I got to an asteroid field in my new ship and was gonna trying earning the money from ore to buy a mining barge.
Soon as I arrive I see 2 Retrievers strip mining the field.
“Bugger!” I thought no point staying here with other advanced players, and I was just about to leave……
…… when the nosey bit of intuition in me noticed that both their “names” were random consonants and made no sense. I hailed them in local chat. No reply.
Waited a couple mins . Called again. No reply. ??????
So then I bumped the nearest ship. Well rammed actually, hehe. , and still they ignored me. Something fishy going on here I thought. Bloody macro miners !
Looking at their bio’s I saw both had been in game about 5 months, yet they still belonged to their tutorial corporations. No-one does that.
So I began writing an exploit ticket to the devs to report these credit farmers.

Just then a 3rd ship arrived a mammoth hauler. Same bio type as the others . This one collected their ore and shuttled it back to a space station.
Ok, I was doing mobile surveillance now, and my next step was to check the markets . But , NO ore was up for sale in the whole system?? Weird??
I hovered alongside the station thinking I had hit a dead end, and wondering if I imagined it, but then, after just a few minutes a huge Iteron 5 industrial hauler entered the system and proceeded to dock at the station. It left a few minutes later, and would you believe he also belonged to the noob corp, despite have 6 months experience and a big ship.
I couldn’t follw, cos it was getting late, but I got the name and he’ll be back.
The trail is very warm now and I am out to take down the whole gang……..

I know its an ongoing problem in all MMO’s. However in EvE there is a difference.
Grinding skills to a useful level takes ages. Months.

If we could all get together and stage a kill the credit-farming macro miners day,
Then it may not be worth them returning. It would take them about 2 to 3 months to grind up new alts to a working level.

One Hunting expedition per quarter and we could keep this game clean.

It just needs a bit of organizing.Any volunteers?

No comments: